The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Leaders 8-Weeks Program
Would you like to move from endless & mindless knee-jerk reactions to consciously living a life that’s authentic and true to your values?
Are you ready to make the bold changes to find your flow, and to reclaim your very own life?
"We always feel that we have control over our lives and every action. Our over confidence might leads us to destruction when we fail to acknowledge our body's inability to handle a rigorous schedule. This MBSR program has brought me back to recognising our physical limits in handling the emotional swings in our fast-paced life. Being present and aware has allowed me to be alert to changes in my physical being and arresting the emotions that are negative, and encouraging the positive ones." Poh, R., Corporate Banker
The Mindfulness (MBSR) Program for Leaders 8-Weeks Program
This is the world-renowned MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction by Jon Kabat Zinn) 8-week inclusive program aimed at equipping not only leaders but for working professionals as well with mindfulness skills & resilient behaviours to thrive in the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. The overall outcome of this foundation is an individual who is able to thrive under pressure, master change, and overcome adversity at the workplace and beyond.
1. The Benefits
- Sharpen your focus and pay attention to the right things at the right time
- Increase your mental stamina to sustain high performance over longer periods
- Achieve emotional balance to achieve clarity, calmness, and composure in adversity & unsettling situations
- Find clarity and direction in uncertain career and/or life crossroads
- Reduce feelings of isolation and relate to self & others more effectively
- Enhance your self-confidence and make better decisions
- Master stress and reduce mindless knee-jerk reactions
- Develop perspective agility to problem-solve seemingly "stuck" situation
"The MBSR course gave me many new perspectives and abilities about life and myself - much more than I expected to learn. I am grateful I took the time and hope to walk further on this mindful path which leads further to myself - step by step." Wild K., Physiotherapist
2. The Approach
- A structured and week to week step-up curriculum to cultivate a mindfulness discipline
- Mix of various formal meditation practices (e.g. sitting, yoga, walking etc…)
- Weekly group learning sessions to enhance their mindfulness practices.
- Assigned homework between the weekly classes to embed the mindfulness discipline into their lives.
- No fly-by-night program. The renowned MBSR program was established in 1979 by Jon Kabat ZInn, Professor of Medicine Emeritus, University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School.
- It is arguably the most widely researched and validated formal Mindfulness training program.
"Wish I had taken this program a decade ago. Yes, still have fights in the corporate world. But now, with new tools (no baggage), right moves( awareness of self & foes), the fight is easier, achieving a higher victory. Turning foe into friends." Leong S.L., Managing Director
3. The Instructor
- Having delivered mindfulness-based interventions since 2010, Han Ee, a performance psychologist, is the first Singaporean to be fully qualified as a Mindfulness Instructor with the Center for Mindfulness (CFM) @ UMass - the origins and home of MBSR, and has trained directly under the guidance of Jon Kabat Zinn, Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo-Mayer.
- Drawing from close to 20 years of experience in high performance domains (leadership, corporate & sports), Han Ee stands by the adage of "less is more" in the pursuit of excellence and mastery. He aims to hack the conventional approach towards performance development by helping his clients find their flow, or get in the "zone" on demand - anytime, anywhere, through the discipline of mindfulness.
- With over 1000 hours of coaching services rendered, he is an experienced executive coach (qualified with the International Coach Federation) and corporate training facilitator, who works actively with a diverse range of clients including MNC leaders, executives, Red Bull athletes, royalty, professional athletes, soldiers and other high performers.
- He is also the first instructor in this region to integrate biofeedback feedback and assessment profiles into the MBSR program to evaluate and quantify behavioural changes before and after meditation training.
- For more on Han Ee, please visit https://sg.linkedin.com/in/emergeperformance
"It's an amazing course! Even though I am familiar with the concepts of mindfulness, Han Ee made it come alive for me. There were many insights that I gained through the practice and Han Ee explained & reinforced those concepts by linking it to our practice. Perhaps the best thing I can say about this course is that I learnt a very wonderful concept of taking care of myself and gain on awareness of my mind-body sensations and emotions." Quah S.H, Manager
Who is MBSR for?
“Good sound program, well mastered. It is not easy but it works!” LeBlanc, C., Headhunter
Not suited for anyone and everyone. Best suited for corporate executives, working professionals, life warriors and anyone who are committed to improving their personal well being and professional performance.
This is for you...
- If you are committed to taking a disciplined & committed approach to achieving positive change
- If you are open to learning
- If you are curious about understanding your strengths and weakness and living out your potential
This is NOT for you if...
- Think you are an expert in mindfulness and not open to a beginner's mind
- Unwilling to explore and choosing to stay in your comfort zone
- Uncommitted to yourself and growing to your maximum potential
- Unwilling to reflect inwardly and seeking quick fixes
- Not being honest with yourself
Please note that a brief interview will be conducted with each participant to align expectations, discuss potential risks and resolve queries before the registration process is completed.
“MBSR has great lessons. We’re only at the start of the journey so need to keep learning. It’s been great being part of an amazing class. Wish we could go on forever!” Kay J., Leadership Consultant
In partnership with The Mindfulness Collective (a partnership between a group of expert mindfulness instructors), see below for our latest MBSR schedules.
|Mindfulness (MBSR) for Leaders - Approved for Skillsfuture funding|
|05 May 2017 Run: (5 May to 23 June, Every Friday)|
|Venue of Weekly Sessions||
COMO Shambala @ 402 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238876
|Time of Weekly Sessions||7-9pm,
|All-Day Silent Retreat (Day of Mindfulness)||11 June, Sun 10-4pm|
|Venue of Silent Retreat||TBC
|Lead Instructor||Dawn Sim
|Mindfulness (MBSR) for Leaders - Approved for Skillsfuture funding|
|31 Mar 2017 Run: (31 Mar to 26 May, Every Fri except 14 Apr Good Friday)|
|Venue of Weekly Sessions||
The Lumen Room @ 10 Winstedt Rd, Singapore 227977
|Time of Weekly Sessions||7-9pm,
|All-Day Silent Retreat (Day of Mindfulness)||14 May, Sun 10-4pm|
|Venue of Silent Retreat||The Lumen Room @ 10 Winstedt Rd, Singapore 227977
|Lead Instructor||Lim Han Ee
This retreat brings together the various practices and content that have been covered in the MBSR program. At the retreat you
can expect to firmly and effectively establish the use of MBSR skills across multiple situations in your lives.
We will practice a number of meditation exercises covered in the program as well as introduce some new exercises.
You will also get lifetime access to future MBSR Silent Retreats (once per quarter). This is a great way to “detox” and reconnect with your mindfulness practice on a regular basis.
$700 SGD Regular Pricing (see above for discounts where applicable)
- Skillsfuture funding applicable to Mindfulness (MBSR) for Leader Program. T&C applies.
- Discounts / installment plans available to tertiary students, group orders, and individuals in need of financial assistance
- Eligible for PIC Credits for those who qualify
- No refund policy applies
- MBSR Graduates (participants who have undertaken this program before) are entitled to a special discount to re-enroll in our program. Contact us for details!
What you get:
- 24 hours of in-session training hours
- Countless hours of intentional self-care
- Guided meditation MP3 for self-practice
- MBSR course materials
- Lifetime access to our all-day silent retreat (Day of Mindfulness)
- Free resilience assessment (pre and post MBSR training)
“It is an excellent program. I would do it again if I can. The flow is great with deep learning at intense moments of self-awareness. Han Ee is very good as a trainer, a good (& neutral) listener with deep questioning techniques.” Bendefa N., Executive Coach
The other benefits (as reported by our participants):
- “The ability to view matters from a fresh perspective”
- “Realizing how elastic & malleable thoughts & perceptions can be. Understanding this has been liberating...”
- “More spaciousness...”
- “Clarity, lightness, consciousness”
- “A sense of safety, increased appreciation of things & myself, sense of slowing down”
- “Less clutter, lighter & more relaxed is my current state of mind now”
- “To meet myself in a new way, leading to greater settlement,more energy, & enthusiam about living”
- “Observation of the mind & all the autopilot reactions...”
- “Being kind to myself”
- “The ability to accept my thoughts and others”
"Started off feeling resistant to the concept but eventually benefitted through series of meditation and yoga practicing. Sharing sessions in each session was particularly helpful in expressing experience and getting perspective from others." Ong A.M, Regional Head of Logistics
"MBSR is a very powerful program, not because of what Han Ee can teach you in class. It's about you, and what you can experience and find about yourself in the 8 weeks. 8 weeks is a journey of both the good and the bad. There will be good experience and bad experience, but all is about yourself. Really recommend this program to all." Lim D., Project Manager
“Han Ee, thanks for accepting me into the program, & for the exemplary ways, in which you’ve facilitated the classes. I enjoyed your questions & the observation of how you’ve “answered” or reflected the questions back to the participants.” Lim D., Business Development Executive
For more references, please visit our Testimonials page
What is mindfulness?
"Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally." (Kabat-Zinn,1994)
What is the background of MBSR and who is the founder?
Developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979, MBSR uses mindfulness practices to improve your state of health physically, emotionally, psychologically and bring about more awareness to your daily living. Kabat-Zinn is considered as the man who brought mindfulness into the contemporary and medical space.
What resources do I need?
A right attitude - a willingness to learn and a curious spirit. That’s it!
What do I need to prepare?
Same as above!
What happens if I miss classes?
We typically allow participants to miss at most 3 classes. There is a workbook which will serve as a resource and guide to help the participant catch up. Update emails will also be sent to inform participants of their weekly home assignments.
I can’t sit still for more than 5mins, how am I going to do this practice?
Don’t worry, you are not the only one - me included when I first started my meditation practice. You will be surprised at what evolves over the course of the 8 weeks. We will support you as you work through the “pain”, “discomfort” and “unpleasant” experiences.
Who else has gone through our MBSR program?
Bankers, business leaders, teachers, researchers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, housewives, students etc...
What happens in a session?
Each session (2hrs) places emphasis on experiential learning. Therefore the majority will be spent on instructor-led practices. Using these experiences of our participants, we will then develop insights and learning points through dialogue, group interaction.
I can’t do yoga, can I still do this?
Yes, for those with physical impairment, we offer visualization as an alternative to work through the practice. This is a program that began in hospitals. Some of the participants were bed-ridden and they went through the same curriculum as what we are delivering here.
Are there any risks associated with this program?
The primary physical risk is with the mindful yoga exercises. We emphasise self-care and respect for one’s limits as we go through the exercises. No forcing, no pain. We ask that participants consult with their physician / health-care provider where relevant. This will also be discussed in the screening interview.
Emotional risk: Feelings of sadness, anger, fear could seem stronger at the beginning because you may now become more aware of it. A history of trauma, abuse or addiction may also heighten these reactions. This will also be discussed in the screening interview to determine if the MBSR is the appropriate program.
You mentioned home assignments, what are these?
The assignments will be a range of meditation exercises including body scan, mindful yoga, sitting meditation etc...You will be given MP3s to guide your practice. It is a critical aspect of the program as MBSR is about bringing mindfulness to our everyday life.
For a more tailored and personalized 1-on-1 mindfulness support, visit our Resilience 1-on-1 Coaching with Mindfulness program.
For the rest of our mindfulness-related programs and events, check them out at http://www.emergeperformance.net/events